Fitness Pilates is a training option that focuses on the body as a human kinetic chain. By applying the fundamental Pilates technique and exercises, Fitness Pilates aims to offset musculoskeletal imbalances.
The aim of Fitness Pilates is to identify basic postural imbalances and through Pilates-based exercises:
- Increase muscular balance and strength
- Improve posture
- Facilitate the ability to optimally function occupationally and recreationally
- Improve Core and Back Strength
The Pilates technique focuses on strengthening the
- Contraction of the TA and pelvic floor
- Maintaining stabilization of the core muscles whilst being challenged by movement of the limbs
- Increased flexibility and strength of the lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine
Where does Fitness Pilates fit in with other Pilates programmes?
Fitness Pilates is a group exercise programme designed to enhance the posture, strength, balance, and stability of a healthy adult. Fitness Pilates is based upon the teachings of Joseph Pilates and effective exercise prescription. It is not remedial, clinical or diagnostic in its approach but has its base firmly in group fitness.
This class is NOT suitable for anyone diagnosed with back or joint problems and anyone who is pregnant.